CAH case managers help you navigate effectively through the health system and community support services to guide you to the appropriate services, whether they are CAH services or other services in the community that can meet your needs.
We are all working together to assist you in French in navigating the continuum of health services!
Who needs cass management?
CAH case managers meet two types of needs in the community.
First, all clients using CAH services benefit from the attention of a case manager who develops an individualized care plan for them, based on a formal, standardized client assessment and feedback from the care workers and other members of the CAH team who are in contact with them, the clients themselves, and their caregivers. Depending on the case, they may also offer support at appointments.
Second, case managers can assist the Francophone community to learn about the support services available to the public. They can help Francophones in the orientation or application process for social, financial, legal and immigration services.
For any navigational assistance on the health and community care system, contact Jean Tété at 416-365-3350, ext. 242 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will redirect you to the best person in our team who can assist you.
Some examples of navigation aids:
• I need an electric scooter. Is there a subsidy program?
• My father has heart problems. He needs a cardiologist!
• Immigration Canada is asking me for a document that is in my country of origin. I don’t know how to get it back.
Good to know
• Our case managers also respond to all requests in French to the new Toronto Seniors HELPLINE/Seniors Helpline (416-217-2077 or 1-877-621-2077) managed by the Toronto Central LHIN to help seniors navigate the health and community support system.
• We are able to answer questions from anyone 18 years of age or older.
Cost of case management
It’s free of charge. This service is funded by the Toronto Central LHIN (Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care).