CAH’s Supportive Housing is exclusively for seniors residing at Place Saint-Laurent (located at 33 Hahn Place in Toronto). It helps clients to maintain as much as possible a level of autonomy allowing them to continue living in their own apartment.
Who needs SH services?
During a first meeting with the resident in his apartment, a CAH case manager asks a series of questions to the client, according to a standardized test. He also assesses the client’s physical condition and the level of safety of the environment. The outcome of this meeting will determine the client’s eligibility and the number of hours of SH service that will meet their needs. (Needs are reassessed annually.)
Seniors seeking SH services must meet with a case manager in their home to assess their needs. Contact Jean Tété at 416-365-3350, ext. 242 or by email at email@example.com to book an appointment for a free evaluation.
Nature of SH services
SH services offered to residents of Place Saint-Laurent who are eligible include:
• Personal care including bathing and toileting assistance, and clothing assistance.
• Homemaking help according to their needs (visit our Homemaking page).
• The attendants can assist SH clients with medication.
• Depending on the needs, the staff can assist the SH client in the preparation of the breakfast, provided by the client. Hot lunch and dinner meals are available for SH clients in the dining room, at a cost of $7 per meal.
• The attendant works with the client to be active, accompanying him/her through exercise sessions from our Dr. Actif program and engaging in social activities with the client.
Good to know
• Clients receive individual information or education on self-care.
• Attendants make regular visits or security calls to residents who are SH clients, depending on the level of risk of their health condition.
Although clients live independently in their apartments, there is a 24-hour attendant on site in case of an emergency. Note that the services of case managers and care workers do not include medical care.
Cost of SH services
SH services are free because they are fully funded by the Toronto Central LHIN (Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care). However, lunch and dinner meals cost $7 per meal.