We have all witnessed the harmful impact the pandemic has had on the elderly and the need to take good care of our seniors and value their contribution to our society and the Francophone community.
I hope that at this difficult time you and your family are well. I take this opportunity to assure you that our team was present and continues to be there to help our seniors during this health crisis.
Although CAH succeeded in preventing the spread of COVID-19 at Place Saint-Laurent and continuing to provide home services, unfortunately we had to cancel Active Life Centre and group activities in the common areas, and limit visits to the Place Saint-Laurent residence.
CAH has always promoted seniors’ independence and engagement. Since the pandemic, CAH has become even more committed to combatting the feelings of loneliness, uncertainty and anxiety that our seniors face. You can help support this commitment.
CAH has always taken the greatest care of your donations or sponsorships. Each dollar raised is allocated to different projects and used in the best interests of our clients. We take this opportunity to thank you for your past generosity, which allowed us to collect more than $30,000 for a new van to take our seniors on social and recreational outings that reduce their isolation.
This year, to break seniors’ isolation and stimulate their mental, social and physical engagement within their place of residence, your donations and sponsorships will be used to support CAH’s benevolence campaign 2020. The campaign will cover the following initiatives:
- Provide smart tablets (including access fees as needed) and quality headphones to allow seniors to communicate electronically to stay in touch with those they love and participate in social activities online;
- Offer training to seniors to build their technological capacity to better use online resources;
- Develop online resources and activities that resonate with community elders and their caregivers and will be created by the CAH team;
· Create activation baskets with varied content adapted to clients’ favorite activities, for example, sports equipment (weight-elastic), arts and crafts (knitting, drawing, painting) and intellectual stimulation games.
Our goal is to raise $ 25,000 by October 2020 to cover the cost of our benevolence campaign.
Like us, you would no doubt like to see these initiatives completed by October. You can contribute to our benevolence campaign today and “make a difference” by choosing the option that best suits you:
- Sponsor CAH benevolence projects by choosing the visibility opportunity option that suits you by cliking the following link:
CAH benevolence campaign 2020
- Donate by credit card (Visa and MasterCard) by phone:
- call Jean Tété at 416-365-3350, ext. 242
- Donate online by filling in the CanadaHelps donation form
- Donate by mail:
- complete the attached form by clicking on this link: CAH benevolence campaign 2020
- send it to the following address:
Heritage Reception Centers, Benevolence Projects
33 Hahn Place, Suite 104
Toronto, ON M5A 4G2
I hope I can count on you as a donor or sponsor to help us reduce (or combat or overcome) the negative impact of isolation on our Francophone seniors. I invite you to contact me to discuss this campaign. For any questions regarding contribution options, please contact Jean Tété, by email at JTete@caheritage.org and by phone at 416-365-3350, extension 242
I thank you sincerely for your generous support of our benevolence campaign.
Executive Director, CAH
c.c. Maryse Francella, Co-Chair, CAH Special Fundraising Committee